Ifrah Foundation works to elimination Female Genital Mutilation, founded in 2010 by Ifrah Ahmed, an Irish- Somali survivor. Ifrah Foundation has been active in Somalia since 2013, where it is a registered Civil Society Organisation (CSO). Ifrah Foundation is also a registered charity in Ireland.
Ifrah Ahmed is one of the world's top international FGM/C eradication advocates and activists. Ifrah has received multiple awards for her work and she campaigns relentlessly for legislation to ban FGM/C around the world.
Ifrah Foundation is committed to:
- always respect and prioritise all human rights;
- be are accountable and transparent in all of our work;
- place the best Interests of the child/children at the centre of our action;
- approach our work as urgent and critical;
- be guided by the expertise of multi-disciplinary team working in this complex issue;
- approach our work with dignity and respect.
Founder & Programme Director
Communications and Community Empowerment Officer
Sabina Coyne Higgins